The video was mislabeled no doubt, and for myself anyway admitted i thought that was the case. But if fast is where it is at, then whomever others think is faster, then so be it. Subjective opinion and little more.

Info. Mayer most often used the 870 with a 34 inch Hastings barrel for most of his stations. (May have even been longer.) He used the Beretta O/U for quick presentations in the woods. Was the 870 barrel a tight fixed and the O/U gave him the option of more open chokes? I'll ask him the next time we cross paths.

In addition, the game has changed since Bill ruled Ohio and a few other places. The targets are more technical than when he was winning big. The presentations are more complex and target setters are more into illusions. Digweed won a World shoot a couple years ago in Fla and said they were the toughest targets he has ever shot. Coming from England, that says something. Shooters were getting zero's and 1's on more than a few stations. Some just walked off the course and quit. Combined with the fact age is creeping up on him, Bill no longer is the top gun he once was.

However, I looked at the video in its whole, and found appreciation for an individual who uses a pump shotgun well, in a game dominated by easer to use semi-autos and O/U's. Those who can only appreciate how fast one may be missed the bigger picture.

However, I'll still take Mayer over any other mentioned when it comes to using a pump and marking up XXXXX's on the card.

Addition: Perhaps it wasn't mislabeled. "World's fastest sporting clay shooter with a pump." Mentioned nothing about the worlds fastest trick shot. I still think Mayer is faster than this guy. but again it is subjective and proves nothing. Nor is he a trick shot he seems being judged against.

As far as being rare, name me another who has won 7 or 8 State Sporting Clay Championships with a pump?

Last edited by battue; 02/11/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler