Originally Posted by jrypka
So I’ve got a vx3 2.5-8x36, a 3-9x40 Conquest (pre-Hd and pre-terra model. I’m told it’s made by meopta) and a 4.5-14x44 cabelas instinct all mounted right now. I shot a deer with the cabelas last fall.

Of the 3, I would rank them Conquest, VX3, Cabelas Instinct. My main complaint on the Cabela’s Meopta is the eye relief and the thick dark ring around the FOV. It’s bad enough I’m considering selling. The glass is very good and bright. Brighter than the VX3 for sure. I love the VX3 for the lightweight and very good eye relief with no tunnel vision at all. I like the Conquest the best as I think it is the brightest, clearest, and also has great eye relief.

I apologize if this isn’t apples to apples, but my understanding was the Cabela’s and the Conquest are both basically the same as the Meopta.

I'm not sure what you mean by "thick dark ring around the FOV" as the only time I've experienced a dark ring around the scope, it had nothing to do with the scope and was due to incorrect eye placement. I get the impression you're saying there's something else going on. I own the exact same scope, and 3 other Meopro/Intinct, and they are all flawless. I was able to do a side-by-each of the Meopro and Cabela's scope, and they are identical. Whether these are the same as the older Conquest is debatable, but that is a different discussion. The Instict 3x9 was identical to a eurooptics version of the 3x9 Conquest I had a few years ago.

If the OP is interested in how they optically compare to the VX3, as mentioned earlier the Meopro is superior to the VX3 optically. The VX3 will be a touch lighter, and depending on the model will have a more forgiving eye box. I prefer the ergonomics of the Meopro.