Had a 6x42 Artemis (bought another for Dad) and a Leupold M8. All had great #4 reticles. Optically the M8 and Artemis were identical to me. In brightness, if really stressed, the Meopta may have had a slight edge. I later bought a vx3 3-10x40 and compared it to the M8 in fading day and found better contrast but absolutely shocked to find it brighter than the M8. Thought I would chime in with these comp's as others have used same.

The one area I find the Meopta's really superior are in the adjustments. Firm, repeatable clicks and excellent tracking. The Leupold works but it isn't the confidence inspiring mechanism the Meopta's have. Heavier than the Leupold but I find that nit is often overblown. In short- buy a Meopta and love it. I would again but have found some Burris deals that have gotten 'me' Vx3 level for a whole lot less. (Yes, Meopta's have better adjustments than the Burris too)

I expect to be flamed but am telling you what I have seen with my own eyes and tests. Won't be many here who used an Artemis longer than I did. I have read on this forums where some(one) found the Artemis to be a cut above the Meopro? Hard to believe but.....throwing it all out there for your consumption TZone.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius