Pit Bull Derangement Syndrome... It goes both ways.

Some of you need to need to get a life beyond unbridled fear/hatred of pits. Get some balance for heaven's sake! On the other hand, druggies and other low lifes that want an attack dog gravitate toward getting a pit and making it mean, over other breeds, probably for good reason per breed.

Wife drove by Ironbender's driveway the other day, without stopping. We have been there with the dogs exactly twice. Honey Half-Lab recognized the driveway and was very upset that she didn't get to stop and play with Mike's Pit mix, or his daughter's full blood Pit, both of whom are nearly twice her size.

That said, I am more cautious around Pits/mixes, but that is true for German Shepard types, Dobies, and Rottys, than most other breeds as well, even after I know them fairly well.

Trust (to a point), but verify.

I suspect pits do attack more often than any other breed, partly because of latter day breeding genetics, and partly ownership issues. Pit attacks are also more likely to be reported for the sensualism more than any other breed attack.

Last edited by las; 02/12/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.