Nothing wrong with blacksmithing, just a different tradewith different objectives. I remember watching my grandfather shoe a horse. Not quite like adjusting a good set trigger. I remember a book describing how to get stuck billets out of a barrel. If no gunsmith was available you could take it to the village blacksmith who would put the barrel in the forge until the lead melted. Now that would work but not exactly a finesse move.

On the sight you could go to soft solder, 60/40 electronics solder has a verylow melting point and is easy to work with. I use a hefty soldering gun rather than flame and I don't think you can overheat anything metal with it. Tradeoff is the softness, will deform if you keep adjusting windage. Never tried epoxy, Epoxy looses it's mechanical properties quickly with heat. Now it's pretty hard to heat a rib on a thin shotgun barrel but it's amazing how some people treat rifle barrel

So there's some alternatives, the right one is the one that gets you what you want.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.