Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by Slavek

The .338 Magnum can be good if you pick the right oneintelligently customized factory rifle... Quality recoil pad, removable muzzle break, improved trigger and stock to action fit. I'm sure scope is not included but that rifle is very fairly priced. Like the seller says better than original from the factory.

The muzzle break should be the only clue you need,

At this point after many weekends at the Public range, I consider brakes to be Public Enemy #1

Useless, loud, obnoxious piece of chits.............

While we don’t do public ranges, even then, my wife absolutely hates muzzle brakes.....and “will not” even consider putting one on her .338 WM. Also, 338’s are not necessarily heavy, her rifle weighs in at 8 lb. 15 oz. scoped, loaded, and slung!. Truthfully, she doesn’t enjoy shooting from the bench. Once a load is developed bench work is unnecessary, except for a zero check. Practice should be from field positions, replicating shots likely to be taken when hunting!

As to the .338 WM having a specific purpose, she has used hers every year since 1996, on all game from deer/antelope, thru elk, moose, bear! It’s pretty difficult to beat the versatility of a .338 WM. memtb

Last edited by memtb; 02/20/20.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024