You dont see many inertia guns at the gun club unless someone is trying to get a little practice in before duck season. I have two benelli m1, both in 12 and 20 and they are my favs. I use a beretta xtrema 2 for turkeys though, it really handles the recoil of the 3.5 turkey load nicely. Like the above person posted, inertia guns can "click" on you, my benellis haven't done it since I got the first 500 rounds through them, I do know the franchi affinity are famous for it too. I bought my son a 20ga affinity and it simply will not cycle target loads. The affinitys are great feeling/swinging guns, but what does that matter if they wont cycle.

I will warn you about one benelli, the wood stock montefeltro, those are the kickenest autos I've ever shot. We've even upgraded recoil pads on them but no avail.

I've never really considered anything other than a benelli or beretta, maybe a nice 1100 back in the day. I remember the browning gold hunters were having issues with receivers cracking, so I never took the chance on one.

Last edited by killerv; 02/21/20.