Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
For pure ugly durability Benelli!!!
Have used an M2 at work for 22 years, around 30k rounds.
The only thing that failed was the pin that holds the magazine catch.
Every other failure has been operator failure, there is a learning curve
to keep them operating at below zero degrees.

22 years and 30K interesting. I think I had 30K in about two years. Three M1's, one with over 100K and the other two are both north of 30K.

The M1's have no equal!

Can't speak for the M2 have never owned one, but the M1 runs fine in below zero without the need to learn to keep them operating. Have hunted Sea Ducks in Alaska, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Rhode Island. Divers and Puddlers in Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Montana, Tennessee, Texas, and Vermont. The gun has operated fine in all conditions. So it has seen plenty of very cold days.

Your M1 runs better than the Super Black Eagles that are part of our Arkansas flooded timber hunts. No doubt, they shoot pretty well, but they certainly aren’t flawless. The best Benelli in the group is a Cordova. I have seen the Super Black Eagles hang up on occasions. Heck, just about every type of gun used has hung up or quit, over the years. I believe that even the Benelli guys in our group would admit that the Berettas have performed the best, over the 20 years that we have been duck hunting in Arkansas. The Berettas also behave a bit better with 3” or 3 1/2” shells. Nonetheless, everyone has their favorites, and everything pretty much works. I wouldn’t trade my old 390 or a new in box SBE III, or an A400.

I'll repeat this, most Benelli issues I hear of are the SBE series.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.