I'll repeat this, most Benelli issues I hear of are the SBE series.

Some people complained the original SBE shot low for them. (not mine) They changed the rib to address this on the SBE2.

A lot of people complain that the SBE3 shoots very high. Apparently this has to do with them changing the Comfortec stock and making it too flexible,

Yes inertia guns have a little more bump to them than gas guns, which have smoother, sort of a "longer" recoil impulse. (they both kick less than a pump gun or a single or SxS)

What I like about inertia guns is they're simple. No o-rings, valves, pistons, ports.

Two weeks ago I sold one of my M2's. frown I still have two M2's, an SBE & SBE 2. I''ve had ONE "Benelli click' in countless thousands of rounds. The very first round I tried to fire with my original SBE. (That was a wonderful feeling.. "What did I buy!?") Because I slowly closed the bolt rather than letting go with some oomph. IIRC this is more of an issue with the older guns (M1, original SBE) and was addressed to some degree since then.

The correct answer to gas or inertia is "yes". You should own both. And long recoil. Maybe even short recoil if you can find one. wink