For me, it would be the 444.... I bought one in 1981, at Mills Fleet and Farm for $219.00..

Guess its the older slow twist model....used it with Factory loads when I first got it, 240 grain bullets..

hunted in Up North Minnesota, south of International Falls.. heavy woods and plenty of swamps...

it dropped what ever it hit...to include the biggest buck I've ever taken...about 350 lbs on the hoof according to MN DNR
when we checked him in...

After I started handloading, I've loaded it up and down the spectrum....my favorite bullet has been the Hornady 300 gr XTP.
I run it at around 1750 fps... can run it hotter, but due to lack of any aerodynamics, between 1750 fps and 2200 fps, I give up about 15 yrds of point blank range...and reduce recoil quite a bit...I use it as a woods gun, shooting at 150 yds max, so it fits the bill.

I've loaded it to 1000 fps, for kids to use, with 180 XTP bullets.. and they worked just fine in the 75 yds wood ranges, with minimal recoil... if you use 44 Rem Mag load data in the 444 case, it will give you pretty much the same velocity that the 44 Mag will give you.. so its effective..

when I got mine, my buddy who always had to do one upmanship, on everyone... bought a 45/70... that did the same thing..
I saw no reason to need a 45/70... so I've had the 444 for 40 years now...I see no reason to replace it or let it go..Its been a fine accurate rifle... and certainly got my $219 worth out of it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez