Since you are not a reloader, the .44 Mag will be most versatile. 44 special loads can be used for plinking. The Marlin tends to be a little picky about feeding, mine hated SWC style bullets but shot LFN. RN, and JSP or JHP's just fine. The Marlin's COAL is important too, it is on the short side.

I have all the rifles you mention except the .444. Kinda shied away from it due to the previously standard 38" twist which limited your selection of bullets generally to 265 grains and less. My Marlin 45-70 is a great rifle, very versatile and capable of loads that easily generate more power than the others. But more often than not, that extra is not needed. I use dto shoot my 95 CB in Cast Bullet Silhouette matches using 405 gr cast bullets. Shot and reloaded a ton of rounds and never lost a case. Not sure where the notion of brass deforming easily comes from. The only lever gun cases that fit that bill are the .44-40 and .38-40 but with care and a Lee Factory Crimp die, those concerns are all but eliminated.

I have several lever guns in.45 Colt as well, and love them too.

For a pure hunting rifle, especially on larger game, the .45-70 is probably the best bet. But for endless rounds of plinking fun and game including hogs, deer, and black bear, either the .44 Mag or .45 Colt will fit the bill nicely.