I’m coming into a 25-06 because the price was right and I find the chambering intriguing. Been reading up on it as much as I can as I don’t have any practical experience with it yet. I do not load my own. It seems there’s still more than enough commercial offerings available that I can justify having one. My primary whitetail cartridge/rifle is .308. This 25/06 would be alternate option/back up, and probably foul weather specific as it’s a plastic and stainless beater. Shots in NH woods and such would be under 300 yards. Most often, considerably under 300 yards. 150 might even be “long”. 115 to 120 grain partitions seem to get the general nod from most I’ve read. I want to be able to maximize the velocity of this chambering for getting bang-flops, to the best of its ability, on bucks weighing in excess of 200 lbs. is it enough gun for that? Never hunted a quarter bore. What are my best choices in ammo? it would also go with me on occasional hunts in TX where the deer may be s little smaller, but [bleep] could be longer. I would also be interested in trying it out on hogs there maybe weighing 250 or more lbs. Suggestions? Thank you in advance.