I'd be looking at buying a few pairs of boots. Break them in real well before you go on your hunt. I've seen some of the best boots get soaked, and that's one thing you don't want is to be hunting in wet boots. Buy boots with varying weights of insulation, IE: 400gram, 800gram, etc. You may get there and realize a lightweight hunting boot is what is needed, or you may get there with snow on the ground. Elk country can also change over night. One day its beautiful, the next you get a foot of snow... Be prepared for that. That's what I do, and it has worked out very well for me. Elk hunting is a major learning experience and test of equipment. Some guys will tell you to buy the most expensive boot you can afford. BTDT, and so has my elk hunting partner. That doesn't guarantee you will have dry comfortable feet at the end of the night. You'll get a kick out of some of these guys' suggestions, so grab your popcorn.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA