Throwing down good coin for an excellent boot is always a safe bet... You’re probably going to use them more than just this one elk hunt.

Here’s some quick numbers. In 22 years, I’ve bought three pairs of Danner Canadian boots. They cost me between $165 on a crazy one off sale up to $359.00.

After 22 years. I’m still using 2 pairs of the Canadians. If the weather is pouring rain, I switch between a couple pairs allowing the wet boots to slow dry. I have invested $883 dollars. The boots cost me $40 dollars a year with basically a brand new pair still in the box.

If you buy a really good boot and take care of them, you’re money ahead. The only thing that can deflate your investment dollars is if your hunting in rough, rocky, shale or lava sharp terrain. I doubt there is a boot made that can withstand 2-3 season getting shredded by this type of topography.

Buy a great boot...Hunt them, take care of them, and if they are the type that can be rebuilt and resoled like the Danner Canadian. Your almost getting a new boot for $85 bucks once you’ve worn them out.

Buying 2 pairs of quality boots will increases the life of each pair, especially if your hunting climate is really wet...Being able to dry your boots properly while wearing the second pair is a benefit to your feet and your boots.

With the above said...I hunt all different types of topography. This off season I caught a sale on Kenetrek Mountain Extreme boots. I liked them enough that I bought a second pair to keep for sometime in the future.

I prefer the Kenetrek boots for big prairie type hunting like in Wyoming. The sole on the Kenetrek’s are super slick when stepping on wet logs or rocks in the PNW rain forest.

I’ve yet to find a better all leather 100% water proof boot for rugged coastal hunting then Danner Canadian’s....Which are still one of the few boots Danner still makes in the USA.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”