As this will be a gun for wild chukars, get a Savage/Stevens 311 or the like. When (not IF) you slip and break the stock, you will be able to buy at least two replacement guns for the price of a new stock for the other guns mentioned. 😀

Mind you, this is from someone who is not much of a fan of SxS guns. I've owned and/or used Merkel, LeFever, Browning, Elsie's, SKB, Uggies, and couple others along with several drillings. None have held my interest and I am now down to a 12 ga Stoeger coach gun for cowboy action shooting, a pair of Savage 311s in 16 and 20 ga, and a 12 ga Winchester 24. The Stoeger is the only one I wish to keep, the others I am stuck with as no one has met my modest prices yet.

I will say I am keeping my eyes open for a sleeper SxS sold by Sears. The 433-512370 was made by AyA and and generally sells for a pittance compared to an AyA marked gun. I saw one once but someone recognized what it was before I did and the gun was gone in the several minutes it took me to find the info I needed at the bookstore a couple shops down (no wireless Internet connection back then). As I recall, it was priced a sawbuck or two above a 311. I've seen several in the hands of others and they were all gleeful of the price they paid. Just another suggestion.