We live in Mt. Juliet. Three people killed in the Mt. Juliet city limits, a couple in their 80's that couldn't get out of their house and a 38 year female security guard at one of the warehouses that took a direct hit. Last death toll I heard statewide was 25 with a lot of people still unaccounted for.

So far, there has been zero looting that I've heard of. Anyone that tries it will be ventilated in short order by neighbors.

The Tennessee spirit is alive and well. People are lined up to help with the cleanup and all the local PD's have started waiting lists for volunteers because there are more people wanting to help than they have room for at the moment. MJPD had to ask people to hold off on donations until they could distribute all that already been donated. Lots of areas still without power and lots of roads still closed, but recovery is underway.

The middle school my son goes to got leveled and they've already announced it will not reopen this year. Thank God this hit in the middle of the night and not when kids were in school. There would have been dozens killed at West Wilson Middle School alone.
[Linked Image from ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com]

Last edited by jds44; 03/04/20.