Originally Posted by memtb
elkhuntermn, My wife’s rifle (though only a .338 WM) still wears the “Tupperware”.....do you think that changing stocks will reduce “felt” recoil a little bit? And if so, do you still recommend the IIRC Thanks. memtb

Hopefully you don't mind me jumping in memtb. My experience with Bansner is like Ken's. Exceptional ergo's for soaking up recoil. The reason is because the comb is higher and more parallel to the axis of the bore. Here's a model 70 that I had stocked with the bansner:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The bansner reminds me of my brown precision PoundR, with a few exceptions. The bansner is also a lot more rigid than the tupperware stock. However, the factory tupperware is not bad at all for me, but I always add a 1" pachmayr decelerator recoil pad and glass bed them like dirtfarmer described in an earlier post. The tupperware stock is quite a bit heavier than the bansner stock. If you can afford or want to afford an upgrade in stocks, the bansner is a great stock and it won't cost you as much as the poundR like what is on my 338. A lot of times, I'll just put lipstick on a pig and use the tupperware:
^^^A 7WSM classic stainless I recently sold^^^^

One of my favorite 30-06 rifles I sold to 79s here:

A 7mm rem mag I played around with for a while:

I've used a lot of the tupperware stocks, as I do like them. Now back to the OP's question. I can honestly say that I've seen one locally sit in the gunrack for months and the shop owner had it priced at $900.00. It eventually sold for $850.00... Now, as a lot of you guys know, some of these last year new haven rifles had some issues. So much in fact that I probably wouldn't buy one unless it was in hand, where I could look it over real carefully. I'm actually surprised redneck didn't cough up some of these details. Actually if I were forced to make a decision between an early BACO (made in the USA) express 375 and a last year classic, I might lean in the direction of the BACO... I'd trust it to be made better than the last year 7 digit classic. That's about the only time I'd pick a newer BACO over a classic though...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA