Originally Posted by ol_mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years ago i read an article my motocross buddy Tony loaned me a magazine with the article .
Guy who wrote it said all the claims of rappers having millions and millions of dollars was mostly BS .

Writers good friend was involved in forensic audits for the irs . They put in some time investigating where the multi-millions of dollars would come from and couldn't begin to get things to add up .
Article posed the questions - who do you know that bought $$ their ''records'' since Napster and many other avenues of highjacking music ?

Where do they have huge concert venues filling big coliseums and selling posters/t-shirts etc. etc. ?

This article was before the days of youtube paying people .

Other questions of where the huge $$ could come from - i don't remember each question but i couldn't think of anybody who bought their ''records'' or anything else .
Plus we all know how the entertainment industry is pure fantasy - packed with lies .

TV appearances don't pay much according to the article .

Read about a Car Guy in atlanta who rounds up high end sports to lease at a day rate for video shoots - he spoke of the mansions and the people who lease them out for video shoots . They brainwash people into beieving that this is where the rapper lives and these are some of his cars etc. and this is how he lives his life .

I don't know nor do i care one way or the other but the article gave anyone with common sense a few things to try and add up .

When i thought of a comparison say: led zeppelin/van halen/aerosmith/journey/heart - who did i know who had bought their records and paid for a ticket at some large concert coliseum and had a t-shirt to prove it ? Lots of people , and those bands toured the world 3-4-5 nights per week for months on end for many years .

Over .
A lot of truth in that post.