So yesterday, I mounted up the new Leupold XV5 HD 3-15x44 with the Firedot duplex to replace the NXS. Set the target at just under 100 yards to bore sight it and shoot one round. Dialed the scope, then moved the target to the 225 yard mark for a zero.

After spending some time on JBM, I settled on the 225 zero rather than my normal 200. With that, it gave me even 100 yard increment MOA numbers out to 1K, all except 700, which is 7.5 MOA. Also, it kept the bullet's highest point to 225 yards at 1.4", which was a consideration for calling coyotes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The light wind was kind of fickle, and mirage was a bitch. I shot 2 rounds, and couldn't see the impacts, so I put it away and concentrated on loads for the other gun. On the next break, I went down to check the target, and both shots were side by side, a little high and right. Went back, set the gun back up, moved the scope two clicks down & a click left, and fired a shot. I thought I could see it at 3:00 o'clock in the bull? Took a 2nd shot, and it looked like the hole got bigger through the mirage. Wow, really? 3rd shot I was sure I could see it dropped a little from the 1st two, but just wasn't sure.

After walking down, it confirmed what I thought I was seeing......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]