Precisely, howard1. One could also throw in the 7 X 64 Brenneke or 8 X 64 Breneke and the rimmed version of both cartridges, 9 X 71 Peterlongo. As with 16Bore I too am partial to the 270 and the 280 would be fine as well except that the 7 X 64 Brenneke I mentioned earlier came first by about 38 years. There isn't any fly's on the 7 X 57 either. The 30 Newton comes to mind as does the 300 Savage. The 7 Mag. would work fine as has been mentioned. The 300 H&H does everything the '06 does and a little more. I don't know anything about the 28 Nosler but I bet it's completely adequate as well.

There is a pick-up truck full of excellent cartridges...and none of them have any magical, mystical properties the others don't. Ballistics is ballistics. It doesn't matter if they originate from an American, British, German, Austrian, Swiss or French cartridge. Dead is dead. I believe I can say with complete confidence no game animal ever thought "I'm glad I got shot with a 30 Loudenboomer with a 165 gr. bullet at 2800 fps instead of a 28 Loudenboomer with a 140 gr. bullet at 2900 fps". Obviously bigger game ethically requires bigger cartridges and that list too is longer than a tall man's leg.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing