Interesting question from the op. I am 65 and the amount of bullets from .22 to 50 , lead alloy, primers, powders and BRASS I have accumulated will outlast the time in front of me. I ain't even a hoarder just a normal guy who likes to shoot. I am not rich but got enough of bad women and lonely liquor long time a go so I spend it on firearms/ components. I scored some major deals on this stuff for the last 45 years. I'm proud to say I have not ever run out of ammo.
.I'll be ok on 30-06 stuff till I'm dead but if I was a young guy right now I'd be thinking what I'd need to see me thru the next 60 years. That spells. 223, 308 ,12ga , 22lr, 38 spcl, 9mm lay them in and all the GI brass you can get a deal on. Primers same lot by the sheave(5000) bulk bullet buys of the ones that work for you and multiple 8lb kegs of the powders you need. Sandyhook taught all who would learn that," Days that you could go to whatever mart the evening before the opener and get your ammo are Long F'ing gone", There is no such thing as to much money,or adequate supplies of ammo and components. If you don't reload you mize well give up shooting stay home have your wife tell what the f**k to do. Most people gotta get hosed for$ 30 dollars for a book on what to do and I just gave it away damn if I ain't a philanthropist
MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "