Just returned from the range :and the ringing out my initial less than perfect control group testing.

6mm REM: meh
I never had a 'great' load for the 105 grain Speers in my 6mm so I dug up a pet load with same powder from another guy who said it worked in several rifles. His was one grain more than mine and getting close to max so I thought it might be worth a try on these heavy bullets based on comments byu some folks here.

My standard load length worked best and it was the longest COAL. Was rather hoping a shorter length might surprise me. I am thinking I may just stick with 100 Sierra - or maybe some Gamechangers.

On to my 260 REM:
No surprise that my old formula for 120 Sierras shoot well. Like the 6mm this was the longest COAL and I worked down from this length.
Next load .04 shorter - not so great.
going shorter another .04 - worse.

At this point I was thinking conventional practice of loading as long as possible seemed a good rule but I still had my shortest COAL to try
Shot last loads - .04 shorter still
AND......BOOM- awesome. One ragged string.

This is great news as it means more mag space. So, if I want to migrate off the Sierra's and go to the Gold Dots I just bought I have the ogive length and will match that as close as possible and load with same powder weight.,

Should work- right?

Fun stuff- beats Carona-ing around all day !!!

Last edited by kenjs1; 03/15/20.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius