Guys, just got back from a well planned range trip and things begin to make a lot of sense. Like.....accuracy depends mostly on the timing the bullets exit from the muzzle. Crazy or ??/

Today was nice and chilly so off I went to the range. social distancing....Ugh.

Using the .04 step I was very surprised at some of the results. Differences were every bit as much, or more, of an impact than ladder stepping powder charges.

Made Identical loads for 3 different seating depths for my 260 and my 6mm.

POI was noticeably different between depths. In both cases the #2 seating depth produced much better groups than deeper or shorter.

Longest loads produced close to 2 inch groups. Amazingly, .04 shorter gave my 260 a great clover leaf and tight slight string in my 6mm.

I did a load of other bullets but am finally committed to over simplifying, de-mystifying, and idiot proofing against myself.

From now on (or at least until l I re-stupid myself listening to others) I will be : sticking with Sierras, one powder for all three deer cartridges , using light powder loads because A) I am using Sierras and B) no need for long range shots.
One more bonus. I got a new prescription for contacts and was told my eyes had change and prior prescrip was over correcting. Man, took out the 1911 and could clearly see the sights this time ( not a fuzzy wad) and shot like I would love to always shoot! So happy.

All in all, A great day for me fellas !!!

Last edited by kenjs1; 04/18/20.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius