FWIW there were comments on the 270. I don't care for it BUT a friends dad before he died, had bad vision and getting old and loved to hunt.

So I moved his 270 from factory to 150 SST. Then to 130 SST. Finally we still had issues of him with bad hits and having to use the dog and sometimes just not hit well enough.

Moved to 95 TTSX and humped it decently for speed considering he had one of those semi Remingtons.

We never lost a deer after that. Even gut shot deer rarely made 100 yards( they usually don't but people go looking WAY to soon and bump em from the first bed... another story) but we could almost always see his blind or parts of it from where the deer fell.

To top it off they don't destroy that much edible meat.

Just got back from trailing a javelina I shot at a bit over 700 yards in south TX brush. I LOVE following those trails though. Thorns and such and its an intricate fun puzzle but I understand that folks want bang flops there and other places. Don't want to deal with the trailing issues and afraid of loosing the animal too.

I'd almost think our biggest body TX deer may well be Canadian River deer. Biggest I had S Texas was something around 225 live weight with a 27 inch neck.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....