Was wanting to dump a S&W Mod 15 pistol and put it on a forum and a guy wanted to trade me a Sauer 100 rifle (243) so I met him last night to look it over and I asked him to bring me the empty cases (he did not reload) and I gotta say I am really impressed with it so far.

The trigger pull is fine right out of the box and is adjustable.

The striker indent is absolute dead center on the primer.

Fired cases show less than .003" expansion on the base.

They take a Rem 700 Scope base.

Detachable box mag (5 shot) shows durable construction.

The stock is like Remington stocks, flimsy so sling cannot be used for support and it comes with swivels and they are not flimsy.

Bolt run is smooth and has 3 locking lugs.

LOP is a bit long for me but I can live with it.

It has 11 degree crown on muzzle.

They sell new for $699.00.

They are advertised is MOA rifles.

So if you spot one you might take a closer look as from what I can determine beats about everything else in the price range.

All things being considered for a hunting rifle it is a winner and has the 700 beat hands down.

They are all advertised as MOA rifles.

Barrel is cold hammer forged.

For other purposes the action appears to be a candidate for a bolt gun competition rifle once a heavier stock is obtained.

It does not have irons.

It is the first one I ever held and soon as I saw it I knew the guy was going home with the S&W. Came with a Burris Scope to boot.

Now I am looking for one in 30.06.

Formerly Small Arms Test Director, Aberdeen Prov Gnd, Army Small Cal Wpns Lab, Mem Interagency Comm Sec. Equip. Wash, Intl Wound Ballistics Assn, Consultant to INS, USBP, DCIS, FLETC, 4 US Intl Rifle Teams NRA Bene, Vol FD, Eagle Scout, Shriner.