Ok, quick background, rifle that Mickey put a Rock barrel on years ago. First shooting it now.

Rem 660(600? I forget) anyway short.

Having to seat bullets 2.830. That MIGHT be whats driving me nuts.

22 inch barrel. what should have been mild loads over the chronograph were about normal. 140 grain bullets.

Even the ones that clocked like 2600 fps could hardly open the bolt.

Flash forward bolt timing way off, had a new bolt handle put on by a top gun in that field.

Starting over again. 2800 fps first load, and the bolt always opens until the cam point just fine. at 2800 I had to bump it a bit. By the time I got to 2920 I had to hit it to get it open. With the palm pretty hard. IE no way I can cycle this gun on my shoulder and its my guiding backup gun for me for moose/sheep/grizzly this fall. I may have to fall back to my 338-06 but I really wanted the 284.

So at the moment I'm not sure what is making this last bit of bolt opening so hard. At this point I'm going to burn more 2nds of 140s around 2800 to see if it groups well enough( I was expecting this to be well under MOA as a shooter) and if the bolt opens easy enough I can live with it. If so I'll swap to 139 LRX and hope like heck they group well enough.

I"m open to comments and if I left out info please ask. There is a lot I have not put like brass brand etc....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....