Higbean: Not me!
I quit buying and building "custom Rifles" many years ago!
Main reason EXPENSE!
Expense that is very difficult (impossible?) to recover when one goes to sell said custom Rifles.
Factory Rifles are a much better (more efficient, more intelligent) expenditure of ones monies in my opinion and in my experience.
And mind you I began buying/putting together custom Rifles more than 50 years ago!
Been there - done that!
As of today I buy more Rifles than 99.9% of all gun owners in America and for the last 15 years or so NONE of them have been "customs".
Again, they are simply to expensive, to time consuming and they "realize" to little of ones initial investments when it comes time to sell them.
Factory Rifles come in an amazing plethora of models, calibers, styles, brands and price ranges nowadays - I have simply learned that my money is better "invested" in factory offerings anymore.
In fact I am in the process of buying an all factory Rifle this week (for $750.00 delivered - no sales tax), that to duplicate, via the "custom route" would cost near 3 (three times that much) and who knows when it would be "completed"!
I once waited just over a year for a relatively "simple" custom Varmint Rifle to be "completed" (NO stockwork!)!
Those days are done for me - but I hold NO grudge or animosity towards anyone who chooses to spend their money in that direction.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy