Originally Posted by Ky221
Model 700 LS
Model 700 LVSF

BOTH had the exact same problems I just spoke of. Again. It’s not a feeding issue. It’s not an extraction issue. It’s an EJECTION issue with empty cases. Do a search and you will see that many of the 700 221FB owners have complained over the same thing I am. If you have a 700 that actually tosses EMPTY cases up and out of the port then that’s great. But MOST do not.
Both of these rifles shot very well, and the LVSF was stupid accurate. But because of the issues with kicking out the empties. Both went down the road. The last time I had the LVSF out, it cost me getting a much needed follow up shot on the coyote in the picture. It’s a shame but that’s just the way it is with the 700 action and the short case. I’m glad yours works . Hang onto that thing. I wish mine would have been more reliable.

Read here http://www.saubier.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-21995.html

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

To this posters point - I had a 700 SA that had a Krieger #2 or so in FB. Extraction was not 100%....I always drop the firing pin when rifle is pointed in the air..........yep.......be careful to check your chambers before you call it a day at the range or field. 40 Vmax over Lil Gun was Flat and Fast...and that gun was a bughole gun. Loved the 221, and like the 222, personally I feel a fast 40 is the way to go. Just me, they work! The industry should have more 221s and 222s.......they ALWAYS shot circles around any and every 223 I owned.