Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
RevMike: I recently bought a Leupold 2x7 variable "Rimfire" model for a lightweight rimfire application I was needing. Its working real well for me - just as I thought it would.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I've been looking at Leupold's 2-7, as well as Burris and Redfield. I have a Redfield 2-7 on a .444 Marlin and it's held up well (yes, I do own a couple of chamberings other than 7x57...but not much). I've also thought about putting one of the Leupold 2-7 rimfires on my practice rifle, a Rem 581. It's not pretty but dang is it accurate. I spent a long time in the business world, and I know how economics works, but I do wish the optics companies would make plain old lightweight scopes with one inch tubes and regular duplex reticles for those of us who aren't twisting dials. Just one or two models as loss-leaders; they could make up the difference in the volume they sell of the others. Yes, I might buy one only so often, but when one of my light hunting scopes finally craps out, I don't want to have to replace it with a 1+ pound beast with a 30mm tube and enough marks on the reticle to make my mother's knitting jealous. But that's just me.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown