yep. I don't like stiff boots for flat areas, rolling hills but for really steep and rocky terrain they are much better than street boots.

Id pick up hiking poles too, can't live with out them

Originally Posted by Swampokie
One thing i will say after being in the exact same position that u are not too awful long ago is dont mistake comfortable boots for mountain boots. I wore my old work boots wolverines i think on my first trip and needed a skin graft when the week was done. Then i tried some underarmour infil gtx and they were super comfy until the toes and the creases blew out three miles in to the weminuche wilderness. Finally got some kenetrek mt extremes and no blisters less fatigue and no leaks. Amazing the difference the stiff boots make when climbing and sidehilling. I since purchases some salewa ravens that are simply the most amazing boots ive ever worn for mountain terrain and the synthetic material shed the water much better than the leather kenetreks as well. 150$ cheaper also. No boot will be perfect but the right boots combined with a good pair of gaiters will keep the skin grafts from happening.
SWAMPOKIE