Originally Posted by Dre
Irish setters and danners are ok/good for the money around 100/140$ Sales pending
You might hit warm weather or cold weather while elk hunting.
I have a set of non insulated danners and 800 Irish. I Probably could have got 400 as 800 can be warm when it warms up mid day, But that depended I’d you sit or walk.
I like the idea of having two boots when 1000 miles away from home or 3 or 4 hours from nearest big box store

That's how I'm set up now too, Danner Pronghorns for early season and a pair of insulated Irish Setters for when it gets colder. Both sets always go with me, just having one set wouldn't really work, I may be hunting Sept to Dec, 75 deg to -15 deg. This past year was my first on the Pronghorns, and I like them, I've run some Asolos in the past, but both pairs wound up giving me blisters eventually. I will say, my older insulated Irish Setters look really frumpy and shapeless, but my feet have never gotten really cold in them and they've never given me blisters walking countless miles.

Boots with a waterproof membrane like Gortex are a must for me. In the early season, there's always streams or wet areas I need to cross to get where I want to go. Later season, even when it's cold, the snow on my boots will eventually get thawed by the sun and melt to an extent during the day.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 03/31/20.