sscoyote, I'm just a very new traditional archer. Started out last spring, so almost a year I've been at it now.

My first bow was a 50# Bear Montana longbow, and unfortunately it broke at the riser on the second day. Maybe it was fate, it was really too heavy for a starter bow, but when I decided to buy it, I was at the point where I didn't know how much I didn't know.

So from there I ordered a custom from Dan Toelke. A beautiful 40# Whip longbow. That was what 'cut my teeth' with.

Since then I've accumulated a couple Bodnik Slick Sticks, in 35#, and 50#. I managed a lot of indoor shooting in the garage at 14 yards over the winter with the 35# Slick Stick It's a really nice shooting, lightweight bow.

Just recently I found this Samick Discovery and 45# limbs at a very good price, and decided to get into an ILF bow, and my first recurve.

I think I'm about done buying bows now, but maybe another set of light limbs for the Samick, something in the 30-35# range.

Anyhoo, I really enjoy it all. So much to learn around the bows, arrows, shooting, and so on. I really enjoy the mental solitude, focus, and self-control it requires.