Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I like the menu at www.joesbeerhouse.com, but got a little sticker shock until I looked at the exchange rate and discovered that $1 Namibian is worth $0.067 U.S. The crocodile filet at $223 ND seemed expensive until I realized that it was only $14.94 USD.

What beers do you recommend at Joe's?
These are the ones that are brewed in Namibia - Namibian Beers
Because of the countries strong ties to it's German past and history, they follow the same German Reinheitsgebot, or Purity Law, which requires the exclusive use of three ingredients: malted barley, hops and water. Very hard to beat an ice cold Tafel or Windhoek Draft. The Radler is the same as they do in Germany - 1/2 and 1/2 Pilsner with Lemon/lime soda. Sounds bad unless you've had them - extremely light and refreshing. With the exchange rate there, a bottle of beer there in a restaurant will run you maybe $.75 US.

The menu they currently have on their website is just a very limited one with only their "take-a-way" items due the country being on the same "lock down" we are here now. It's too bad you can't see their selections of REALLY good Scotches. I joke that Namibia is the only place I can afford to drink the really good stuff. Bottles of various ones that will be $75-$100 US in a liqueur store here and you'll pay $12-$20 a shot in a restaurant here will be somewhere under $6 US for a double. Really good RSA wines, if you can get them in the US are 50%-75% less per bottle there then here. A 750ml bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 is under $20.

Originally Posted by albert23456

Lovely pictures mate, when are you going to Namibia again? I might be interested I just have to plan the luxury lol.

I'd like to put together a small group of 3-4 to go in 2021. I LOVE Namibia. As I've mentioned before, I've spent nearly a combined total of just under 3-years in the country. With the exception of the first two year, every year after that, my wife and I would spend 3-4 weeks either before or after hunting, just renting a car and driving all over. From that third year on, I've made at least one trip a year with my wife and 2-3 trips a year taking friends/family or clients over.

Biggest problem with Namibia the past couple of years has been a really, really severe nation wide drought. Has been devastating to the game and livestock and the people. Lots of water for the game and livestock to drink from the boreholes (wells) just nothing for them to eat. This years rainy season is just about over and some areas have gotten some decent rains and some not nearly enough. My friend's place in a "normal year" will get a round 350mm on average. Last year his area got less than 50mm and this year so far has gotten maybe 100mm. Other areas E and NE of Windhoek have done better but still well below average.