Originally Posted by flintlocke
I guess there are game wardens...and then there are game wardens. Two years ago I had one stop me on a forest service road and ask if my carbine was loaded. I started to open the bolt for him whereupon, he not trusting me, took the Mannlicher and proceeded in macho ATF fashion to check it himself. Apparently he had not handled enough bolt guns to realize the safety had to be off to open the bolt. Growing visibly agitated, and his hard on wilting rapidly, after waving the muzzle around as he struggled, he eventually handed it back and commanded I open it. I complied. Carbine and magazine empty, he then wanted to see every document in my wallet and glove box. He eventually let me go on with the stern admonition that he was keeping an eye on me.
My point of this long winded anecdote is that the people this job attracts are not the cream of law enforcement, let alone authorities on humane professional culling. I know an old couple who received a haystack elk carcass a few years ago near John Day, 3 holes, guts, brisket and earhole...I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that.

I would bet that each of us here has probably had an experience with an individual in some form of law enforcement who had no business in being in that occupation. All occupations have their (hopefully small) share of individuals who are should not be so employed. To judge all members of any occupation, be it game warden, patrolman, teacher, lawyer, or even priest, by the actions of a few is very unfair to the rest.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.