Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by xxclaro
What are the numbers?
Originally Posted by antlers
If you or one of your loved ones is one of the young, healthy people killed by it, then “what are the numbers” is irrelevant.
Originally Posted by xxclaro
The numbers are always relevant...
If you had a perfectly healthy 25 year old son or daughter and they died an awful death from Covid-19, I doubt very much that the numbers would be “relevant” to you at that point; despite your assertion.

It doesn't matter how relevant the numbers are to me. I'm saying that the numbers matter,and should be paid attention to. Despite everything going on, life must be lived and you have to decide what risks you are/are not willing to take. Its not useful to say "the virus is dangerous to everyone". That may well be true, but its the same as saying "falling down is dangerous to everyone". Young healthy people may be injured from falling down, but is it the same risk as an 80 year old woman with osteoporosis falling down? Clearly not. So, if a ladder must be climbed, who should climb it? Ladders are inherently dangerous, maybe we just shouldn't let anyone use them? After all, if my healthy 25 year old child falls and is killed or paralyzed, the statistics regarding who is most likely to be injured in a fall would be irrelevant to me.