Stratton: I finally got to shoot some of the Federal 204 Ruger V-Max loaded ammunition and it shot pretty well - I actually shot some yesterday and then under better conditions with a "known accuracy" Rifle I shot it again today.
I only fired one 5 (five) shot group today in very good conditions after initial sight-in, virtually no wind, and what little there was, was dead in my face!
Anyway that final "verifying" group measured .654".
I was shooting a Remington XR-100 with a nifty new Leupold 6.5x20 variable scope (with fine crosshairs and fine dot reticle).
By the way, contrary to a few anti-Leupold zealots on this forum, my new Leupold worked perfectly and adjusted "as expected"!
It was 12 degrees when I started shooting and 13 degrees when I left!
And I had about 3 cups of coffee as I motored down to my friends private range/shooting shack (no heat!) 25 miles distant.
So on another day I fully surmise this Federal ammunition would do a "tad better"?
Maybe .500" for 5 shots at 100 yards?
Anyway I am very happy with the ammo and especially happy for that price.
I am "dedicating" this particular XR-100 in 204 Ruger (I have three others just like it) to this "lifetime" supply of Federal 204 Ruger ammunition.
By the way in the amount I ordered this ammo it comes neatly packed in 50 (fifty) round boxes - these are then packed 2 (two) to another container which allows one to pick out 100 (one hundred) rounds or open that box up and take just 50 (fifty) rounds along at a time.
Thanks again on the heads up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy