Ben Lurkin: Thanks for the kudos.
I am happy that the Cooper shot so well that it "made the cut"!
I have done the same thing MANY times myself - buying a Rifle with the intent of only keeping it if it shot up to MY standards.
By the way out of absolute boredom (plus there was no wind) - I went back to the range today with my latest 204 Varminter.
Reminder that the Rifle used today is an XR-100 with 6.5x20 Leupold scope on it.
Anyway there was NO need to go to the range I just has a brain storm (fart?) that I wanted to see how it would shoot accuracy wise compared to the Federal V-Max factory ammo and shooting the Hornady 32 grain V-Max factory ammo.
I was just curious and the conditions were so good (blazing sun, no wind, 51 degrees) that I was pumped up for the shooting.
And the shooting in that pre-fouled barrel consisted of just 5 (five) shots.
But I was thrilled - the group there at 100 yards was little more than one hole and when I got it back home to the calipers in measured .347"!
This is outstanding accuracy from factory ammunition and an all factory stock Rifle.
I continue to shake my punkin head in disbelief of the wonderful accuracy I get from this Hornady factory ammunition!
So with a small (no tiny!) sampling of five shot groups there at 100 yards I give the tentative edge in accuracy to the Hornady factory ammo over the Federal factory stuff.
If more boredom follows I may do more comparison testing of these two different factory offerings - but bottom line they are both VERY well worth the money in my opinion/experience.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy