Don't forget to have a few Kaufmann's bead head stonefly nymphs with rubber legs in your box. Brown and black.

Stopped by a nondescript roadside spring creek in WY after punching an elk tag and had a quiet sit and watch for about 10 minutes. No risers but did see a good number of stonefly shucks laying about. Turned over a few rocks and found the original hosts. Tied on said Kaufmann's under an indicator and let it slide along the rip-rap seam. Didn't go far before I had the pleasure of introducing myself to a plump 14" local. Several more followed suit on that stretch. Fond memories....

Lightning bugs as a dropper are money too. Had the pleasure of fishing the Yakima with Larry Graham a handful of times before he lost his race with cancer. He developed that fly and it served both of us well. He had a few tricks to it that are typically not in the commercially tied variety. Gave one of Larry's originals to an ArkAngler's guide after bringing dozens to hand with my own copy and he kept trying to get a good look at the dropper I'd tied on. Told him about Larry and to give credit in accord.

Let us know how you do 'Boomer.