Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by jorgeI
There are no hard and fast rules and clearly the current situation IS an exception to unfettered capitalism. The US Government was sending royalties to Mauser for the 98 design when we started building the 1903 Springfield. Those royalties stopped in 1917 when we entered the war. The Brits did not send two completed battleships to Argentina and Brazil for the same reasons.Just like now it makes perfect sense to me for the same government to dictate to 3M where to SELL (notice I did not day "confiscate") masks and right now it should be here..Simple really..

Are we sending masks to countries we are war with? I think not.

I like how you guys enjoy "selective" capitalism - when it suits you.

Hypocrisy RULES!

Maybe we should call that Hypocritic Capitalism to make you guys BELIEVE you are capitalists.

It is relevant. The Brits weren't at war with Brazil or a Argentina either. It's called doing what governments are SUPPOSED to do, project, protect and defend the national interest, just like it directed US manufacturers to build guns instead of farm equipment, etc. and this IS a war of sorts...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”