Originally Posted by dale06

I may rent a trailer to move a corvette 1100 miles. The tow vehicle would be a 1/2 ton silverado.
What issues do I need to consider. Have not done this before.
Thanks

I've got a car trailer as well as a stock truck I've used to move some cars around.
A half ton truck wouldn't be my first choice but it probably wouldn't stop me if it's all I had.

I've rented enclosed moving type trucks and loaded cars into them off racks at tire shops and the like where I could back up to their lifts.
Some have charged me a small fee, others never bothered, pretty simple task.

22 footers work pretty well but you may have to get creative with your tie downs.

Right off the top you gotta figure it'd be saving you 2200 miles of wear and tear on your personal truck.

I wouldn't be completely against flying one way, depending on your departure and destination locations a lot of flight are damn near empty. Flying on a plane with a half dozen others wouldn't create much of a true risk..

You can look online at the flight seating options and see how booked related flights might be.
Grab the cheapest flight to any airport near where the Vet is sitting and rent a truck from there could pencil out to some savings on the rental truck.

A little phone work to get a rental truck and lift waiting for you at your destination might turn into being quicker and less expensive than you'd think.

Keep us posted as to how you end up doing it, pics are golden.....