pete53,

With respect..3,5,10...what group size is relevant?...because I’ve read all three written as the “gospel”. Personally, I like to keep a single target for a cold impact group where each time I go out my first shot of the day is at the same target as my first shot on the LAST trip out. After all, 90% of my kills are a first shot proposition and it’s been my experience that first shot is going to be a guy’s best chance to connect. I rarely get to shoot for groups with my hunting guns.

Every post/thread I’ve read except yours sings the praises of their accuracy. That doesn’t mean you’ve done anything wrong of course, and it doesn’t mean my limited 3-shot groups mean anything either. Time will tell, which is why I said it was too early to proclaim their virtues in my gun.

As per earlier questions, yes they have a small opening at the tip. For reference, that’s a 7mm 168 Berger VLD at left and the 131 ACE on the right.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

As for the scope mounts, I think most of that “low” mounting height is because of the low bases, which are Burris Extreme. These...

Rings are these fwiw. First time I’ve used them, but local supply was limited and I was in a hurry...

If wind will lay down, I’ll probably run out this evening and do a little more work with the 7828ssc since I have so much on hand.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.