iddave;
Good afternoon to you sir, thanks for the reply and the very kind words, I do appreciate them.

It's wonderful that your son is out chasing toms. We've got a very few of them here in the Okanagan - they came up across from Washington State and I'm told we traded for some elk, California Bighorn and moose! Oh, some of the big Fox Squirrels have come across from Washington as well - we're less happy to see them, however as they were classed an invasive species we can light them up anytime as long as it's legal to do so.

Thanks for the odd barrel length data as well sir, consider it logged into the study! wink grin

As mentioned, we were told by older hunters that we'd see a difference in killing power between the .25-06, .270 and .30-06, but so help me we really didn't. Our youngest daughter used a .250AI when she was hunting and I would say that with 100gr Hornady and the 80gr TTSX the animals hit might have been "rocked" a tad less when hit than with the .25-06, but need to quickly add that none of them needed a second application of same and most of them didn't go all that far either typically.

Thanks again for the kind reply and all the best to you and your fine family sir. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"