Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by OAM
I have a buddy in Kodiak that is a guide. He guides out of Kodiak city for ocean charters and Old Harbor for hunts. He also owns several vacation rentals. 3 years ago he quit longlining halibut and got into guiding full time. I talk to him last night and the guy is freaking out. He had to talk to me outside so his wife couldnt hear him or she would break down crying again. Hard times...

I'm callous, probably, but if he is making a living working 6-8 months of the year, I have a hard time feeling he needs "relief" for a recreational business. Guides are basically pimps. Not that most of them don't produce value for money received. No offense intended.

Wife and I just booked a halibut fishing charter for June 1...... smile

It's a little early, likely, so we are looking at it as basically a boat trip. If it comes off, and the guide is trying, we can't be disappointed.

Meanwhile, I gotta get this remodel out of the way so I can work on my 30hp Everscrewed. I have plans later for the Rubber Ducky out of Deep Creek, weather and waves permitting.

Remember that Farside cartoon - 2 guys in a boat with the mushroom clouds in the background?

How do you screw a limit of fish?
wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.