Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Since nobody else answered, I'll say $250-$300 for the glass.
That's pretty generous. A comparable VX-3i can be had for around $375 new with the various sales and discounts floating around, a good used VX-3 will go for roughly $325, and a VX-III will fetch just under $300. A specialty reticle (target dot, CPC, B&C, mildot, etc.) will push the price up a little. This scope with its obvious wear and Leupold's attitude towards obsolescence and refusal to upgrade them I would only value at $200. Even then I wouldn't be particularly interested in that as part of the package.
I guess you should have answered prior to me? smile

Show me some $200 2.5x8 Leupold glass..........
In a Vari-XIII? Look around. Auction site jackasses don't count. If you think a 17+ year-old-obviously-worn-scope-that-is-easily-OUTCLASSED-and-Leupold-says-they-won't-upgrade is "worth" $300, then get off your ass any pony up some cash, because talk is cheap. I just recently -- as in LESS THAN A MONTH AGO -- bought a new VX-3i 2.5x8 from Cameraland for the princely sum of $369.99 on sale and I've also bought a few VX-3 and VX-III 2.5x8s over the past 18 months for $250 to $300 that didn't look as tired as that dog, so why in the hell would I assign a value of $300 on that heap? The whole damned package is overdescribed and overpriced. As Big Stick would say, "congratulations?"

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.