Originally Posted by Steve_in_OR
I don't know if I really want to do this, but I have to agree with JT's monetary assessment of this sale.
Steve
The seller claims in the description that "The rifle is all original and in Excellent condition." when there's fairly obvious wear to most metal surfaces and the stock finish, then he goes on to state "Bore is very nice, as is all metal work." and "98%+ blue finish remains on all metal." when there's some fairly obvious muzzle wear. And then bizarrely "It's been out and about, but is in excellent hunting condition!" I've seen a lot of beat up SKSs, Winchester 94s, Marlin 336s, etc. that could qualify for "excellent hunting condition," whatever in the hell that is. Also take note of the inspection/return policy: AS IS - No refund or exchange.

I'm not taking a pig in a poke to the tune of $1155 for the rifle, old technology scope that Leupold won't support, shipping, and transfer fee on that thing. $850 is all I would go for EVERYTHING and feel comfortable. The gun by itself is worth between $600 and $700 in its present condition.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.