Oldelkhunter & Old_Toot: Read my previous posts again. I never said new US Icebreakers were not going to be built. I said they’ve been talking about building new ones for years and years (in fact, decades) and I’ve yet to see any built. I said that I would believe it when I see it.

Granted, Trump has placed a priority on building new Icebreakers, but the funds allotted by Congress for this endeavor have been diverted to the Southern Border Wall and the Icebreaker project, once again, stagnates. Whether or not Trump is able to restart and fund this program remains to be seen. I certainly hope he is successful.

Look Fellers, I'm not defending Russia. I never said these Icebreakers were not going to be built. I said the US has been talking about building new ice breaker(s) for years and years, but we've yet to begin construction. There's a big difference in those two statements.

You made a statement that “the Russians have never built anything worth a schitt.” I was simply pointing out that this statement is incorrect as the Ruskies have indeed built an enviable fleet of ice-breakers and that they have certain other technological capabilities, especially in the aerospace industry. This conversation is not about Fortune 500 companies flocking to Russia to conduct business – I certainly never said or implied that – I’m not sure where that contention came from. But if you look at it closely, there's many Russian Oligarchs in a variety of industries in Russia - but that's a different discussion. I also never stated or implied that the Russians would try to take Alaska – rather I said clearly that the ARCTIC (Antarctica) was at stake.

Last edited by High_Noon; 04/06/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue