OK, folks....I've read the Hodgdon recalls for IMR 4007 ssc, both the early recalls for the six specific lot numbers and the recent total product recall and replacement offers.
I have found this to be the best powder I've ever used in any of my 220 Swifts! I still have a couple single pound containers, and one 8 lb jug that have never been opened. None of them are from the original recalled lots.
I've been in this reloading game since the very early 1960's, probably to the tune of over a million rounds for High Power Rifle competition, USPSA competition, varmint and hunting loads. I'm somewhat familiar with powder deterioration, because I always check the containers when they haven't been used very recently. I have discovered a very few instances of powder going bad in some old surplus powder that I'd had for probably 35 plus years AFTER it was pulled from the original DCM surplus AP ammo. It hadn't started turning color yet, it just lost the fresh "ether" smell, and hadn't even started smelling acrid yet.
My question is: has anyone actually heard of a documented case of IMR 4007 ssc detonating?? I'm not usually one to ignore warnings as usually to do so ends in one's peril.....BUT, I also tend to believe in these litigious times that it's usually best for any corporate entity to CYA in every way possible!
My not overly extensive online searches have not found any documented cases of this powder combusting due to instability or deterioration. Has anyone here heard of said instances?
My inclination is that if it looks and smells good,and still groups well, load the 1 lb'ers, and kill stuff!

I'm all ears except for being chided about possibly ignoring the recall notice.....