Originally Posted by beretzs
I'd try a known good scope before I changed much else other than checking the mounts. 3" is a long way for a flyer from an otherwise sound rifle.

Yeah, its a hell of a long way. If hes using a leupold or vortex, id pull it off throw it away and try a "proven" good rifle scope on it. Id also pull the mounts and rings and inspect them. Degrease everything, apply a little blue loctite to the base screws. Making damn sure the forward most screw isnt too long. I also dont know how the op glass bedded the rifle. Not knowing his abilities, id pull the dial indicator out and check to be sure the receiver isnt being stressed when the action screws are tightened down. You'd be surprised how a stressed receiver will affect groups. Id also be sure the barrel is freefloated all the way to the front face of the receiver. I hate to laugh about the suggestions of waiting for 5 minutes between shots. The featherweight contour really isnt that skinny, and all the Featherweights ive owned shoot sub moa 3 shot, moa 5 shot and sub 1.5 moa 10 shot groups without letting the barrel cool between shots. I have other rifles with skinnier barrels that shoot far better.. unless the barrel has residual stresses or is absolute garbage, it should shoot well without all the mumbo jumbo.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA