Originally Posted by ringworm

Love to know your load data on the accubond.

Won't help you much. I took the published Hodgdon data for .376 Steyr, also as archived on Loaddata, and made the arbitrary but not baseless decision that the Acubond and the Partition bullet perform much the same but without the Partition the Accubond is probably safe with Partition loads for the same weight or close enough meaning soft enough for my purposes. So I maxed out the Varget loading and decided to go with it and stopped there. Accuracy is everything I could ask as is performance otherwise. I'd consider the BallC2 if I needed an alternative but I don't and I'm suspicious of BallC2 at different temperatures.

I do have a 35P but I've never chronographed the Steyr because although I can control the range for setup I've never actually fabricated sandbags to keep the rail from blowing over in the wind. I can't control the wind. One of these days I'll mount a 4x4 for the rail on Harbor Freight saw horses. I don't much need numbers for calculations by using observed drop; my home range is good to 300 yards and the next county goes to a full 1,000 but it pays to have a friend watch at the line when I go down range. Probably don't really want to know the as measured speed in the short barrel but as noted the Accubond is soft enough but not too soft to do well at whatever the actual speed might be.

My true Scout in .308 has a Leupold scout scope in lever detach mounts so I can swap a hunting scope for hunting as a specialized application. The Dragoon is a Jeff Cooper package with a Steyr marked Leupold scout scope in Steyr fixed rings. I don't think I could improve on the sights for woods walking where I plan to be home by dark anyway. As mentioned I used to enjoy seeing familiar elk going down at night and up in the morning - we had what was once a shack on the military crest and is now a suburban home, no longer a 4 person party line now it's metro calling area and so on. Coming home in the early dark on a bicycle it seemed to me the elk reacted to my smell about same time I reacted to theirs so a harvest would have been easy enough with the Scout scope.

My lifetime hunting bud has had a number of CZ 9.3x62 rifles with assorted stock designs and experimented with a range of Woodleigh and other exotic bullets along with fire forming .30-'06 brass with cream of wheat and with bullets and with factory brass because he really is a rifle loony and neither of us has ever been able to see much difference in the cartridges - especially 250 grain Accubond compared to 260 grain Accubond. Rumor says Steve Hornady feels some affection for the .376 and has told his people so.