Originally Posted by jorgeI
North, I think you mentioned it in one of your videos, but there is a 10grain difference in case weight between Star Line and WW or Jamison brass. I think you also mentioned the Star line load of 33gr of RL7 (max in the Barnes book) gave you too much velocity. I picked up a sweet Marlin in 375 that topped with an old Weaver, shoots the 200gr Sierras really well (as does my 94 with irons), but I still would prefer to switch to the 255gr Barnes, so if you guys can share your loads, it would save me some time. jorge

Here you go: All loads crimped with Lee Factory Crimp Die: Approach all loads with caution from below and check against a reputable load manual. I would not approach loads without a chronograph as the stretchy rear action makes it difficult to guess at pressure. I don't ride the pressure curve on this type of rifle!

Starline Brass (LESS CAPACITY THAN WINCHESTER)
200 Sierra 35.7 grains 1680 2200+fps 2.530 OAL VG Accuracy (APPROACH ALL LOADS WITH CAUTION)
271 Hard Cast GC 28.5 RL 7 VG Accuracy 2.520 OAL

Win Brass (Greater Capacity than starline...DO NOT use in starline brass)
230 Speer (235 Flattened) 34.5 RL7 2025 fps excellent accuracy 2.525 OAL best groups with any bullet (I wish a bullet like this was made standard by Speer with a cannelure)
255 Barnes 33.0 RL7 1920fps good+ accuracy 2.56 OAL approaching maximum pressure